Like beautiful fall foliage, Philanthropy By Design covers the Bay Area in astounding color with murals, paint, furnishings and more!
What we doOur mission is to transform nonprofit environments through design.
PBD is a volunteer network of design industry professionals. We renovate the interior environments of community service organizations and save tons of furniture from the landfill through creative reuse. Our work benefits thousands of under served Bay Area residents; at-risk youth, abused women, seniors, AIDS patients and homeless people, bringing them hope, inspiration and comfort.
Projects Now In Progress
PBD current projects span the Bay Area, including
- Homeward Bound in Novato Hamlton Park
- Stagebridge in Oakland
- Stochastic Labs in Berkeley
- Compass Family Services in San Francisco
- Whistlestop promotes the independence, well-being and quality of life for older adults and people living with disabilities in Marin County. The project will be the remodeling of the Transportation Call Center.
- The Shanti Project helps people with life-threatening illnesses, merging with Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS). The project needs include benching furnishings.
Meet Our New Board Member
Our newest board member Dave Denny brings to PBD his 20+ years experience as the CEO and founder of InsideSource, one of the largest furniture dealers in the country.
Read about our board